College Pursuit designed a variety of workshops to guide students throughout the College Selection and Admission (CSA) Process. Students have the option to attend varied workshops and complete many of the specific tasks required in the CSA process. The goal-directed curriculum is purposeful and makes certain the student accomplishes required and significant tasks within the CSA process.
*Each student attending the workshop receives a College Pursuit Journal. The Journal serves as a tool to document the student’s work, as well as guide throughout the CSA process.
College Pursuit Student Workshop Facts:
- Two College Pursuit network professionals facilitate the student workshop. These highly experienced professionals are directors in the field of college admissions and/or high school guidance.
- Students will gather in a classroom setting or computer lab. This allows for each student to email his or her work to a home computer.
- On average 8-12 students are present in the workshops allowing for personalized guidance.
- College Pursuit student workshops are held throughout the year at locations convenient to you.
The primary curriculum for the workshop is geared toward students at the beginning of the CSA process. The workshop educates students on topics such as creating a balanced “Smart List” of colleges, conducting the college search and the campus visit. The workshop also facilitates students through the completion of key tasks:
- Understand the CSA timeline
- Self-reflect to determine “What is important to you”
- Learn how to research colleges
- Identify important college characteristics that will drive your college search
- Perform a college search
- Create a preliminary “Smart List”
- Complete much of The Common Application
- Outline and draft of college essay
- Determine references
- Create Brag Sheet
- Conduct interview skill training
- Create plan for campus visits
- Create action plan for future
Customized Student Workshops are also available to address specific audience groups (e.g., student-athlete, students with learning differences). These workshops provide key information particular to the audience in addition to the core curriculum identified above.